Monday, May 30, 2011

In Memory -- 9/11 and beyond

In Memory -- 9/11 and beyond

written on Sep 11, 2006

It was a vicious attack and a terrible loss for our whole world. I remember that day as if in a bad trip. I, and so many people around our world, lost friends, family, acquaintances....

For well over a week, my family did not know if some relatives survived or not in the Pentagon. (They did, but still cannot discuss anything....) And, also, we live just seconds or less airtime from where the one plane went down in PA. I had even heard the "boom boom" and smelled the fuel and smoke.

Then more and more lives were and are lost as the Hate continues....

Wars, terror strikes of many kinds from all sides.....

We humans must learn peace. We must. Or, the alternative is just too horrid for thought.

If I could have one wish, I'd wish for us humans to learn to wage peace...
to live and breath and have our being in peace... within ourselves, with each other, and with/in our world/universe.

Peace, my loved ones. May you have peace... real peace.

some further sad reflections

It would be long overdue for the pain and agony of the tragedies of September 11, 2001 to have at least healed considerably, but that is not going to be allowed by those powers that be who need to keep dredging the memories up for various agendas. Nor can those who suffered and do suffer the most rest and begin the really deep healing while there are so many questions left unanswered... and more questions continually are brought up... questions that truly demand answers and accounting for. I don't see this happening either... at least not any time soon.

And with the never-ending war on terror still going on and on, will our world ever find a place for peace and healing? I certainly hope so, but I am not holding my breath just yet.

And yet, I still dream of a time when humankind will finally say Enough! to war and then learn to wage peace. "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..." (Lennon, "Imagine")

And, sometimes dreams are not just all we have... sometimes it is the seed to grow....

May we grow peace.

(C) 11 September 2006, Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment