Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My First Remembered Prayer

My First Remembered Prayer

It was in May, the month before my brother was to be born. I was 14 almost 15 months old and the first child and only girl for my parents. My grandfather had taken mom and me to his sister's farm to help there. Mom was in the farmhouse with my great-aunts cooking and doing various chores. I wandered off to my favorite safe place on a rock beside a babbling creek in between 2 wooded hills. The sun and the breeze danced with the trees to make dappled dancing shadows and light. A black snake sat beside me on the rock, taking in the warmth of the spring sunshine that sometimes managed to shine down on the rock.

Then that living Light that I had loved since I was born was there, dancing all around. The water in the creek, the trees, the rocks, the birds, the snake... everything was alive and singing and dancing before my eyes and heart. I felt like warm, sweet, electrified, tingling, living honey was flowing through me. I knew this Being's Name... Love... The All That Is... God.

My heart heard the question, "what would you most want, Daphne?" I smiled with delight and without hesistation said, "I want a real smile, real tears, real laugh... I want to be Love. I want to be just like You."

And so was my heart's desire all my life. Every time I meet the Living Light, I fall in love with Love again and want to be just like Love... to be Love... to be a beckoning sign for others also to fall in love with the Great Love.
 
(C.) Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw, 8 February 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment