Friday, June 17, 2011

My Nature & Descriptions of the Mountain Quotes

My Nature & Descriptions of the Mountain Quotes
04/10/10Darker dreams, chilly air, a nip upon the breezes; the crow caws, the night owl flies, the cat does as she pleases; the garden's done, the trees grow bare before the winter freezes. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/09/10        
The butterfly landed on the conquering wildflower blooming and perfuming the wasteland of despair. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
26/09/10
The sumac red, the goldenrod, the fiery sunsets mellow a time of work to bring harvests in before that frosty fellow paints all the grasses and the leaves with white, lacy frozen touch. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
24/09/10
Full moon as the autumn kisses with frost promised nips brings harvest vigor to love, to life, and to our moonlight dances together... the pleasures of fire and ice to explore. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
21/09/10
The misty fog among the trees, the eerie silent calling of mystery chilling in silent embrace, the darkest light whose slightest touch thrilling, does weaken knees. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/11/10The icy wind is howling through the dark woods which are covered in a lacy whiteness. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
07/12/10The mountain is covered in blankets of white. A cold brisk air freezes all. The animals are all fluffy in their winter wear. Silence fills the mountain. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
20/01/11The full moon smiles as she dances on the beaming loving streaming through hearts calling her down to play among us for a while. Then back to the sky we fly with her to dance among the stars. With love to you all. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
31/01/11It is not so much I am shy really, just a very quiet fae type woman. I am playful but hidden in plain sight like the wolves dancing on the forested hill, curious but cautious. Watch if you must, but get too close & watch me vanish for a while. Listen for the rustling of leaves or the singing to the moon. I'll be watching, too. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
01/02/11The ewes softly lowing for babies' milk to bring as the old woman gathers firewood & tests the shadows for signs of spring. The young woman lights the candle for the winter nights still are near as she cooks & says her blessings upon those she holds most dear. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
02/02/11The ice storm dances down upon the mountain, turning everything into the dangerous beauty of frozen live crystal jewelry. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
02/02/11Blow blizzard winds, sail our house through the skies. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
06/02/11Steamy, frozen, moist, or flows, yielding pathway as it goes ever lower to higher call, giving life or mountains fall, unfathomed depths or drop by drop, soothing or the world to stop; salty, sweet, stale or sour, the humblest with such great power. Water. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
13/02/11The icy wind pierces me as it sculpts the starlit icy snow, dancing in my veins, reminding me of treasures only found in the frozen, dark places. Swirling, dancing with the howling winter wind, I laugh. Crystal joy in the air, visible. The wind loves me, calls my name. We dance. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
09/03/11More lacy whiteness, cold breeze dances
the ice crystals lazily as the breath hangs frozen in mid-air to the crunching sound of footsteps. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/03/11I have always liked to garden, indoors and out. My very favorite plants are the heirlooms. The thrill of taking care of plants that my ancestors or even your ancestors would have once loved is a joy I wish all could know. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
31/03/11Fiery fiery shooting star, may I fly as you are, soaring thru the nightsky brings a twinkly to my eye. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
13/04/11
In the quiet dark, the stillness, the silence watches, listens to the yearning of my heart breaking. The untamed wild heart, tired of cages, outgrows confinement. Stretch to crack the shell. A deep roar rumbles. Eyes flash. False craving for safety when only den to roam from is needed. Prowling. Pacing. Restless, growing heart. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/04/11Her eyes looked at me soulfully, trustingly. She knew I hurt, wanted to help. She was a bundle of shaking, wagging, whimpering love ready to comfort me, to make me feel better, less afraid, less unloved. All she wanted was to love & be loved. Such a beautiful dog to be my friend, my sometimes nursemaid. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/04/11
Looking out at the foggy morning, feeling the moist but still cool air, hearing the silence waiting to open into songs of growing life, I smile. Springtime on the mountain is life unfolding into new joys. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
28/04/11Lifting my heart to the morning sky, my spirit flies on the cool air while flitting from new leaf to new flower, birdsong filling my ears with new delights, new wonders, new curiosities, as if I, too, were just newly born. Perhaps I am each new day. Alive. Come. Fly with me. ~Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
07/05/11Dark, cold, crisp night silently crooning life into new spring growth as the stars watch from afar. A chill. An expectation. A knowing. Life grows on the mountain. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
07/05/11
When I am most upset & emotional, I need nature. My heart must see and listen to the deep places within the wind, the water, the trees... & know it is not alone. All is still. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
08/05/11
Listening to the birds sing this chilly, cloudy, peaceful day on the mountain. More green leaves here & there. Even the Mayapples begin to show their loveliness on the forest floor. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
13/05/11The foggy dew rests on the quickly greening mountain as birds chirp, cats prowl, & little furry creatures scurry here & there. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
14/05/11Leafing out, the trees have brighter silohuettes against the cool foggy mountain morning as the squirrels run branch to branch & the birds dart over & under them. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
15/05/11The cat sleeps in the window enjoying the cool overcast day while I type, think, sip lemonade, & sometimes smile out the window at the beautiful, greening trees backset against the white sky of clouds. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
18/05/11
Blues, purples, grays, with white puffs of clouds, the sun shines brightly on light green, new leaves on the tallest trees highlighted against the storm sky. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
23/05/11Strong thunder roars, shaking the house, huge lightning strikes against the black sky, & the wind & rain dance freely while the cat & I watch the show here by the window overlooking the mountain. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
27/05/11After a very heavy downpour, thunder, a bit of hail, & an upset cat who had to leave the window or get wet, the sun is shining very brightly while the drips from the roof continue falling & the cat basks in the sunshiny window again. All is well on the mountain. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
© 2010, 2011, Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment