Saturday, December 27, 2014

misc quotes



To lie alone thinking, wondering of the many changes, the odd timings of life, why the wait? Things most knew young, some know old, some never at all, too late? To stay with oneself no matter the emotion is key, or so it's said. Difficult, yes, when feeling intense, but this is where it has led. Just lie alone thinking & let it flow, the feelings will change & dissipate. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
Where is the scarlet sumac I remember from long ago? Autumn is very near, but it is not. The milkweed's fuzzy seed is not flying here nor the goldenrod's bright fall joy appear. Just memories of a different climate, a different place. In a space of my forever fall. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
While listening to Nina Simone sing "o lord, please don't let me be misunderstood," I continue to wonder why this aching cry came to be in song as misunderstanding seems the biggest part of most of life for humans. Wouldn't it be more accurate but less lyrical to ask to be heard first? Most intelligent, even trained detectives, do not really listen to hear & understand another. And, unlike another poet's insistence, I say we are most often indeed islands unto ourselves among archipelagoes of life. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
True tale: I do not want a funeral or even a memorial service once that time of my cycles comes around, but as I won't be around to protest, I think it only fair to make a simple request for those who feel they need that. So, in the spirit of remembering me, I request that at least 2 songs be included in such a time - Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life AND Roll Me Over in the Clover. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
A friend was discussing the coming of missionaries (JW in her discussion) to the door at most inconvenient times & ideas to stop it. I mentioned one technique I used effectively - lasted for a few years, too. I wrote -
"You could also try what I did - innocently enough actually - I had on a long, black caftan when they arrived. I said - Great! I was just about to try to carry my cauldron out to the fire & need the extra help. .... they ran... would have shared the chili had they stayed, but oh well." ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
She was a complex mix of sweet gentleness with fierce passion
Strong yet weak yet stronger yet -
Full of practical, magical sensibility.
She was radiant with loving heart & mind,
A jungle glowing lotus of a woman.
~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
Trees, tell me your stories. How have you see so much in your long life & still stand strong & tall? Though a senior for my species, I am but a youngster next to you. Please teach me to live thru hurts & pains but to continue upright, too. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
He screamed out in drunken or even sober rage & stupidity, abusively terrifying his family who had no where else to run. While all were victims, one was especially singled out for specialized terror. The ruins lie all around. The damage is lifelong. But, that special one continued to grow & change as best a snaggle-pussed, bedraggled, irreparably harmed being could... dancing, singing, loving despite all. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
And she laughed. Such a bubbling effervescence, an innocent sweetness within a woman's knowing type laugh. A laugh speaking of youth, of springtime but with a touch of winter. It draws you in & gives joy to the hearer, like some fairy-like music of love spells. How she laughed. Joy personified. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
Daughter of darkness enfolding, place of healing & life, she looks intently & listens so deeply, worlds of love & right-making conceived in that shadow. Love as wild & free, unshackled & untamed as the Vastness within, without. She lifts her eyes, her arms; embracing all but with fierceness of protective recoils. She howls. She pounces. She waits. She is here. She. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
Cooler nights waiting for frost on the pumpkin, that adding of sweetness to the brussels sprouts, & colorful riot of leaves. Take me, coming autumn wind to dance with the falling leaves & feel more nip on my nose & cheeks. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw
There is a still august place of peace, unshakable, strong, & sturdy, where I am most me & not me but fully me yet fully other. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment