Friday, March 14, 2014

misc quotes

Shooting stars, my wish tonight
For the wrongs to be put right;
For us to learn to love each other
More than love of sister & brother,
A love of ALL, not one excepted,
But goodwill & peace, ALL accepted.
~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

It seems the naughty bench was not the place to go to be naughty. Who knew? *halo* ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Sleep? Isn't that what you do when FB shuts down for the night? Oh, FB doesn't shut down for the night? So, what's this sleep thing again? ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

This strength, this courage to face life just as it is, & much more left unspoken in the hidden hearts of those who suffer such judgments of unworthiness which run a wide spectrum of the shunned, the misunderstood, those held with impatient contempt barely concealed or not even attempted to be concealed, the unloved, neglected, murdered by callous busyness... are the faces etched with pain & holding sad eyes of those living all around us if we but only looked with kindness & love. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw  

Bencinya hati ini tapi aku rindu. (I hate you, but I miss/love you.) Words to a favorite song echo. The wounded heart, craving yet hating the affections of poison: A longing as deep as the knowing such as the moth has for the flame or the bird for the thorn, & just as urgent, just as deadly. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

With tears streaming down her cheeks, she wailed, “I should see these things coming somehow I tell myself. I never do though. And, I cry. It hurts like hell. And, I hate to cry. Sometimes I think ‘how can I be so horrible that people who get close to me or are related to me cannot stand me or be kind to me’? You say it is never about me but about them... but I am the one crying.” ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

My friend Fawad Fiaz - "The only way to truly know a person is to argue with them. For when they argue in full swing, then they reveal their true character."
I wish to add that anytime you encounter another person when the emotional side has higher sway with less self-censorship (such as during orgasm, giggly type of joy, deep sadness, weeping, terror, hunger/thirst, ill, in pain, etc.,) you see more & more of the true character. A lifetime of learning these things of just ourselves much less another being is only the beginning. AND, by Fawad's statement - I have a very long way with much hard work to go if I hope to have/be the kind of character I long to have/be. I am definitely a work in progress. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

There's more than a hole in this bucket, dear Liza. This bucket ain't got no bottom! This bucket is the need for love, belonging, kindness, healing, wholeness... esp. in the brokenhearted, the scarred by life's darksides. It is said the teacher teaches what the teacher most needs to learn. May I ever continue to learn to be kinder, more loving, gentler, & full of fairy dust. May I continue to dance even in the darkest times... esp. in the darkest times. Dance with me please. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

I died, but somehow this shell of me trudged on for years, decades. Something fiercely defied my death, would burn my inward parts, never resting, singing sometimes raucously as I, shattering, was trampled, tamped down. Taunting me to dance ever more on puppet strings, the eyes, the mocking mirth of minions of my demise, defying them all. I did dance, a macabre dance of joy, of love, of kindness, of hope in darkest dark of no light but the longing knowing of the fierceness of my heart. My dance. My way. Even climbing the puppet strings to braid them to me. I dance. I dance. Burning, I dance. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Sitting on my favorite rock overhanging the creek, leg dangling, feet splashing, the wind dancing with the light & the trees, my crying slowed finally to that calm peacefulness after a brutal storm of emotions. The hills, the forest, the creek, the stone comforted me. As long as they remained, I'd never be truly alone. Here I belonged. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

And so I reveal piece by piece my soul, spread out before eyes that can see, words & music, art & puzzle, covered with my blood, my tears, my smiles, my laugh... seemingly locked within undisclosed. No, not hidden if you know where to look & what to look for, but I will not solve the puzzle for you for I am too busy being it. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Don't you understand that I long to kiss you with my whole being, to taste even your most hidden parts & bring them out to be kissed evermore in the light of my love? ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Silken skin of palest cream, darkest brown hair now mostly snowy white sparkling with the electricity of the lightning storm, the shadows play, flirting, darting with the flashing. Eyes glow then are hidden in the dark. Moaning softly, almost singing, beckoning like a siren call of heat, the draped sheet slowly glides to the floor. A storm symphony of heat, desire. Come, my love, ride the wind if you dare. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Have you ever struggled to remember the good side of yourself? All the monsters come out to play. Have ever all the wicked misdeeds & thoughts attacked your mind & heart? Even to remember the smallest kindness, an act of love you've sown lies blank before your eyes? Me too. Then I remember I have never done anything perfectly, so even at wickedness I slip up & be good. It spoils the whole me as monster motif somehow as I burst out laughing with tears. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Tree, do you ever wonder things like why continuing living since you must live only here for 100s of years despite all done to you or around you? What have you seen, heard, thought in your tree life here? Can you teach me please, Tree? I need your wisdom. Tree? Thank you for continuing to live here & letting me live near you. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

I did not know there was any other way, only that it had to be done. I did not know it was impossible, so I just did it. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

My heart grows stronger when my focus is on my happy thoughts rather than giving in to the surrounding turmoils only. Where my heart focuses is indeed my treasure, & I want more. No! I want it all! I want joy overflowing & love upspringing. I want look death in the face & say one more time - "Not yet, old friend. Not yet." ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

I've asked this question of myself quite often through my life as a good checkpoint, inspired by a preacher's sermon about the Good Samaritan: would I recognize what I say I believe if it showed up in a different way from what I would ordinarily expect? I know we all tend to seeing only what we want or expect to see. It takes a lot of training to see more.
I want more. I want to see as much as I can. I want to understand even if that understanding burns me. I want to love and to live as fully and as deeply as is possible in this broken woman's body. I want to be me in all the many facets and ways of being me is possible. AND, I want to love as many of you as you will allow, so consider yourself hugged. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

When I love, think, speak, or do something, I do it with my whole heart. I might think better of something latter and change my thoughts/actions. But at the time, I am simply who I am as I am where I am doing the best I can with what I have. So, if I say I love you in anyway (as a friend, family, other) then I mean exactly that with all my heart. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

I am who I am, nothing more and nothing less. I am beginning to grow in ways I would not have been able to dream of even a year ago. Life is such a wonderful adventure even when it hurts the worst. As long as I can still breathe, I want to live, to love, to laugh, and to be "the me-est me I am capable of being." ♥ ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Heart stopped. Frozen tears. A sob stuck forever in lungs. Big eyes. Lips tremble. How many times can a heart stop & restart? Silent plea. Please love me. I am broken beyond repair. Love me. Pummeled pieces sweep clean to make new. Please love me. Hidden. Watching. Scared. Please. A small whimper. Please no more hurt. Just love me. Final words spoken only through big eyes. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

A sweet enigma, a puzzle, a smile. Big sad eyes seem to flash a knowing, a flirty impishness, and she is gone but remains here. Catch her if you can. She dances though broken & sings though strangled. Though she was silenced, her heart broke free. Watch her story. Hear her fly. Taste her depths. Smell the abyss, the dawn, a radiance. Feel her pulsation. Reach out to own her, she vanishes as mists in the sun. Just dance. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Bring me not the cut or picked flower if you would show me love. Bring me instead a field of wildly growing flowers to enjoy season to season forever. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Dawn oozes across the mountain, drip by drip between leaves & branches onto leaves, flowers, veggies, all. A stirring among the day creatures as the night creatures dance their sleep dance. The crows caw the time change in the in-between time of bridging all on the magic mountain as we dance life into sunshine hours. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Those quiet hours just before dawn, a haunting, a deceptive stillness, where the silence runs deep beckon me always. A mist, a fog, a drizzle, a chill, the dark. The dark is richly textured silence, visibly felt, deafeningly tasted, a moist dryness vibrantly stealthy, seductively terrifying, but tautly calm. The night, the deep night when I want to wrap you deeply into me then fly forever in the peaceful afterglow. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

A field of daisies dancing in the breeze, each one alike but not the same. Dancing freely together. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Spying an unattended cup of coffee, the raccoon climbs on the porch bench, sits comfortably upright, and drinks, savoring each swallow, even giving a contented sigh when finished. Wiping his lips with his paws, he relaxes briefly before climbing off the bench to return to the forest. The man returns & wonders what happened to his coffee. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Speaking the truth even when spoken with kindness, love, patience, gentleness, and compassion does often still get labeled by those who do not want to hear it, who cannot hear it for whatever reason, or who actively opposed its being revealed for vested interests' sake. Truth-speakers are not welcome alive among us. We tend to prefer them long dead so that we can admire them without having to listen to the whole message they died for. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

As a youth, I'd sit on our front porch at twilight to watch the fireflies rise up like a twinkling fairy cloud over the green earth. It was a very magical time of wonder. ~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

Mangled Memories
Hey diddle dee dee the cow jumped over me.
Little Boy Blue ran off with the spoon,
And the dish got mad at the moon.
~ Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment