Saturday, May 21, 2011

With Grandmother's Love

With Grandmother's Love

Dancing in the water,
A feather in my hand,
Smiling, often laughing,
Blessing Grandmother's land.

With a glint of diamonded cheeks
Salty waters clear,
I see Mother Earth’s teardrops
Falling for upon all near and dear.

Know of this truth, yon pray-er,
Your heart of prayer was heard,
Spirit would not leave you
Without giving you this word---

With all your being, your heart, your mind,
With your soul, your spirit, below, above,
You offered forever in truth...
Where’er you walk, you have my love.

From the east, I offer you wisdom,
From the south, I offer you play,
From the west, I offer you protection,
From the north…Grandmother's Way.
(C) Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw, 14 August 2000. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment