Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teach Me the Ways of Love’s Desires

Teach Me the Ways of Love’s Desires

I smile as I watch you,
Knowing the man you are
And the way you make me feel
As our eyes meet from afar.

I see in every move you make
The myriad pleasures you have
In your arms. The touch of your hand
Is to my heart a healing salve.

Your eyes dazzle me
With a cheeky kind of flirty play
And a look that beckons me to
Romp with you and do as we may.

Your smile warms my heart
And puts an electric spark
To the kindling center of me
Begging our love embark,

Oh, again, sweet lover!
Again let me feel your embrace.
Let me wrap you in my arms
And see the love in your face.

Gently and slowly show me
Your mastery of building my fire.
Take me in your arms
And teach me the ways of love’s desires.
(C) 22 January 1993, Daphne Yvonne Bradshaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment